Tuesday, June 17, 2014

say "food" enough and it starts to sound weird.

FOOD! FOOD! I LOVE FOOD!

but seriously, I love food. I'm what I would call a lazy foodie. I think about food, I dream about food, I look food up on Pinterest, I read about food, I buy loads of recipe books and follow some seriously amazing cooks on instagram, but I don't really do all that much cooking of the food. 

My first challenge to myself in this so called journey of self discovery and the meaning of life (deep, i know) is to start to cook more food. But I don't mean the usual chicken soup 7 different ways for every day of the week. I mean learning to cook properly and venturing a little further than meat, couscous and veggies (even though that can be delish too). 

I get distracted very easily and i'm notorious for making a mess when i do most things. Couple this with an extreme lack of culinary creativity and you have yourself a recipe for kitchen disaster ('scuse the pun). So, much to the horror of my unsuspecting boyfriend, a "cook all meals" challenge for the rest of June seems like a splendid idea. I'm going to try and learn some new kitchen tricks and hopefully master some delicious new recipes. Don't worry, i'll share what I find. And if you live near me I might even have you over for a meal? 

Bon appétit!


No comments:

Post a Comment